How to chill when you are incredibly nervous.
Hey you guys! So, right now I’m insanely nervous. I’m hiding out in a corner of the school having a mild breakdown because I have a presentation. I’m not great at talking in front of people about academic things – how does one science? Am I science-ing correctly? Are they judging my p-values and whispering about my best-fit lines?
And so I thought it would be a good idea to take a few seconds to remind us all how to CALM DOWN a little when our hearts start racing and we feel all dizzy.
- breathe breathe breathe. in and out.
- close your eyes and take a brain break – pretend you are somewhere else
- listen to Budapest by George Ezra
- think about how great you will feel once your presentation/test/other quest is accomplished – you have to climb that mountain somehow but the “grass is greener on the other side” right? right.
- breathe some more. right now just exhale
You can do this. I believe in you! Goodluck and I hope that you feel less nervous right now.