Also called Treat Yourself Day, Self Care Sunday is one day a week where many people practice self-care and focus on their health. More than just some religious mandates of Sunday being a day of rest, anyone can partake in Self Care Sunday no matter their religion. Seen either as the end of a long week or the beginning of a new one, Sundays are often a transition day of sorts. This makes them the perfect day of the week to slow down and reflect.
While everyone spends their Sundays differently, the idea of Self Care Sunday is to carve out time for yourself and find joy. Next Sunday, try some things from the list below to have yourself a Self Care Sunday.
- Let yourself sleep a little longer than usual.
- Paint your nails.
- Take a bath.
- Eat something you’ve been craving for a while.
- Make a to-do list for the week ahead.
- Take time to read something for pleasure.
- Listen to music you love.
- Stay in and watch a movie.
- Go out with your closest friends.
- Clean your room.
- Drink more water.
- Bake something delicious.
- Connect or re-connect with a loved one.
- Get a massage.
- Light a candle.
- Look in the mirror and acknowledge some things you love about yourself.
- Power off from electronic devices.
- Take a walk outside if weather permits.
- Color or draw.
- Make a craft.
- Buy that thing you’ve had your eye on.
As always, this is about you. Carve out time to bring yourself joy, whatever that means to you. If that means checking everything off of your to-do list, go out and do it. If that means staying in bed all do, give that to yourself. While this is in to way promoting skirting responsibilities, it is promoting staying on top of both mental and physical health.
Thanks for reading, friends!