An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Try an orange!
Here’s why oranges should be a regular part of your diet:
- Heart heath: Oranges contain herperidin, which helps to lower blood pressure, and folate, which protects the heart against cardiovascular disease.
- Digestive health: Vitamin C prevents ulcers in the digestive tract and the fiber in oranges ensures healthy digestion.
- Kidney health: Oranges help to prevent kidney stones and increases efficiency in filtering toxins.
- Immune health: Vitamin C is a huge immune booster, and can prevent infection and viruses. Especially in the winter, eating an orange can keep your healthy when everyone else seems to be getting sick.
- Skin health: Plenty of oranges means the healthy balance of oils in the skin and can monitor essential vitamins and minerals.
- Eye health: Oranges are loaded with carotenoids, which prevents night blindness and macular degeneration.
- Anti-cancer health: Citrus fruits in general have been shown to reduce cancer risk by 40-50% because they contain powerful anti-carcinogens.
- pH health: Oranges balance body pH by being high in alkaline minerals.
- Cholesterol health: Limonin, in oranges, reduces LDL, known as bad cholesterol.
Thanks for reading, and eat some oranges, friends!